Copy the questions below, paste into an email, complete each one with your thoughts, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not use real or full names in your contribution.) Your email address will never be posted with your contribution. If your email address is not as anonymous as you would like, you can quickly create a pseudo-email for free on gmail (amongst others) and submit it from there.
Your contribution is yours. There is no right way to interpret the questions below, and this is not an empirically designed survey. This is not for research, your information will not be sold or used in any way other than to be posted as a contribution on lossoftheliving.com. Include your own blog url if you wish. I will let you know when your contribution will be posted if you want to link up.
Answer in as little or much detail as you want. Since the foundation of Loss of the Living is that your experience matters, hopefully you will share generously about it.
Now let’s get started! Answer honestly and intuitively as soon as you read the questions, as if we were just talking over a latte. Try not to over think, self-edit, obsess, ruminate, draft, revise, comeupwithstuffthatsoundsbettertoyouthanthetruth…. WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR AUTHENTIC STORY.
ESTABLISHING YOURSELF (a few details that help others know what they have in common with you).
I am male.female.other.
I am … years old.
I am married.common-law.separated.divorced.widowed.single.
I have 0.1.2.3.4.5.6+ children. Here are their ages/genders:
I am lower.lower-middle.middle.upper-middle.upper.
I live urban.rural.remote.
I completed highschool.certificate-diploma.undergrad.graduate.doctorate.post-doctorate.
I am straight.gay.other.
Of note about my ethnicity and/or cultural background:
- What relationship that you have lost are you sharing about here?
- How long ago did you experience this loss?
- Did you or the other person initiate it?
- What was your relationship like before it ended?
- What happened that resulted in the loss of this person in your life?
- Where are things at now regarding this person?
- What is your ideal future with this person?
- What do you miss most about this person?
- What is now possible without this person in your life?
- What advice do you have for others experiencing similar loss?
- BONUS: A question you would like to see added to this list that readers can respond to in the comments.